Oven baked sardines is a simple recipe but not less tasty. Use strong flavors like the caper and the peppers to add a Chef's touch on your plate.
- 8 clean sardines cut open in the middle
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 5 chopped spring onions
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seed
- 1/2 onion
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons + 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºc.
- In a processor, place the parsley, chives, lemon juice, fennel seed, onion and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. season with salt and pepper to taste and process until it turns into a paste.
- In the dish where you will bake the sardines, put the paste and spread, covering the bottom. place the sardines with the skin up and set them on the platter.
- Season the skin with salt and a little freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle with the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle the capers. if you like, you can also place the lemons to bake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the skin of the sardine is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, finish with a few parsley leaves and serve.
Enjoy with fresh White 5 and 1/2 Sardina Sparkling Wine.