Learn how to make the best and most authentic pate of the Mediterranean. Sardella has its origin in Sicily and tastes incredible.
- 10 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1tbs oregano
- 4 red bell peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 can (125g) sardines in olive oil, boneless, skinless
- Pinch of hot chili pepper, grated
- Heat the oil in pan.
- Add garlic and brown lightly.
- Add red bell pepper, saute (al dente)
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Place cooled pepper mixture in a blender, add the can of sardines (drained).
- Blend about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Return to pan, cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Add optional hot chili pepper.
- Let cool and serve
Enjoy with fresh White 5 and 1/2 Sardina Sparkling Wine.