Escabeche is a very old method of preservation that consists in marinating the choes ingredient in olive oil with vinegar. When stored in an airtight glass jar, it can last for several days to months.
- 1kg fresh clean sardines with no tail and head
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- Coriander or parsley to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Open the sardines and chop the tomatoes and onions into slices
- You will assemble layers in the following sequence: tomato, onion, sardines (with skin down), coriander, garlic, drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, salt to taste and start the sequence until finished
- Add the bay leaf, cover the pan and cook it for 1 hour on low heat. It is not necessary to put water, because the fish and the seasonings give enough water!
- Turn the contents all at once into a refractory and keep it in the refrigerator (the next day it looks even better)
Enjoy with fresh White 5 and 1/2 Sardina Sparkling Wine.