This is our spring-summer Risotto which brings the freshness of the lemon and asparagus to our mouth.
- 1 cup (100 g) Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 Leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- White wine - 50 ml
- 1 cup (180 g) shrimps with no head and skin
- 10 Fresh asparagus
- 1 tbs Cold Butter
- Pinch of parmesan cheese, grated
For the Broth
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek leaf
For the broth
1. Put the vegetables washed and cut into rustic pieces of about 6 cm in cold water and bring to boil for 20 minutes.
Preparing the Risotto
1. Make a sofrito with the leek and garlic until it get some color.
2. Put the rice, toast it a little.
3. Add the white wine and let it evaporate in half.
4. Cook the rice putting the casting broth little by little. Put a punch of salt and cook for 15 min.
5. Add the asparagus cut into 3 cm pieces and cook for 1 minute. Continue adding broth and stir constantly until the rice get "al dente" or "fork tender".
6. Finally, put the peeled and clean prawns and some lemon zest. Cook for 3 more minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and add the grated parmesan and the butter cutted in small cubes. Stir energetically until it be fully integrated.